Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Familiar Sights and Tastes

I Could See Mexico From My Porch--Or My Car

I have driven this road many times since most people in Southern New Mexico drive to El Paso, Texas to shop. We were always amazed to look out of the car and see another country. I think the hill pictured here says Ciudad Juarez at the top. It used to be exciting and now it makes me sad knowing that the people of Juarez daily live in fear of the drug cartels.

Sopapillas--Unique New Mexico Staple

After several years in California, I had really begun to think California Mexican food was as good as New Mexican food. I was wrong. There is no comparison. I was in green enchilada heaven most of this trip. Sopapillas were just an added plus.

Stones Found at Black Hat Stones

A Nice Piece of Sherry Topaz Crystal

A Larimar Cabachon

Which ones do you like best?

No comments:

Post a Comment