Sunday, January 1, 2012

No Resolutions For Me

I often approach things differently from other people and New Year's Resolutions have just never made sense to me. I prefer to keep goals for the New Year small, bite size goals that build to a crescendo of satisfaction somewhere around the last three months of the year. A friend shared the following on facebook recently:
Woodie Guthrie's New Years Resolutions 1942
Woodie knew how to break things down into simple bites that could be accomplished!

Now, don't think I don't have dreams and visions for myself. I do. I find that living in the moment, taking advantage of opportunities, paying attention to important people in my life, eliminating the things I don't want to do or have in my life, noticing what gives me joy and doing more of it, usually gets me to a place better than anything I would have written down.

So, I work backwards. I like to look at all of the things I have accomplished and be proud. Then I look at what I should have done differently and I make a commitment to do them differently. The main step is to recognize anything special I would like to accomplish this year, write that down or make a mental note. As the new months begin, I measure everything I do with those three questions:

1. What am I accomplishing that I'm proud of?
2. What am I doing that should be done differently?
3. Where do I want to be in my life and how can I get there?

If this is too simple for you, here's another idea for New Year's Resolutions that is quick and a little different:  http://www.fastcompany.com

Here's something I did this year,  of which I am proud!
Here is a silver collar with a heavy, prong set druzy quartz and a tube set white sapphire. I am proud of it! Happy New Year!





No comments:

Post a Comment