Thursday, September 23, 2010

Name This Bat and Win Big!

Last year when The Bat appeared we called anyone who might be able to tell us about the new addition "hanging out"--so to speak--by the front door. This research uncovered the fact that he was not "scarey" or "icky", but in reality he was a helpful member of the eco system and we should leave him alone. Our fears were unfounded, so we decided to let him stay. He didn't require much attention--no trips to the Vet, no special food, no allergy injections, and no daily walks. I have to say tho', he wasn't much of a cuddler. Then, just as we had become accustomed to him decorating the entry, he left. He left quietly, probably in the middle of the night. We were a little surprised and a little sad. (I lied about that last part.)

Why am I telling you this now? Well, he's BAAAACK! That's right. It's almost Halloween and the bat has returned to hang around our front door. "So what?" you ask and rightfully so. I think he needs a name if he's going to hang out by our door. Here's where I need your help. Send me your suggestions in a comment and I will have readers vote on the best one. I'll give a $20 gift certificate for FUSEDNTWISTED.etsy.com to the one that gets the most votes. What do you think? Of course, I'll need some readers in order to make this work, and a deadline for name entries. The deadline for submitting bat names will be October 9, 2010. Voting can begin as soon as a name is listed and you can vote on the one you like the best. Voting will continue through October 31. Come on and Name That Bat!

7 comments:

  1. I love bats!
    I think that you can call him Jeeves!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! My very first Bat name suggestion. And, my very first comment. Your are terrific! Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love bats too! (Ok, a bat is basically a mouse with wings, but ehm... it's cute! :)
    ...and I suggest the name Ugo!
    :D

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love bats too, I've a batbox (a little home for bats :D).
    My suggestion: Buffy ;P

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Mairi. Great name! Maybe next year we'll get a bat house.Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been asked to post this :)
    If the name wins, wins Barbara, not me:

    Hi Marcia,
    I thoght this name for your pet: Ozzy ! :-)
    Barbara.
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/Clouds80

    ReplyDelete
  7. ok i try again :))

    i'm a sucker for old fashioned names and when i looked at that lovely bat i thought: ROMUALDO!! [listen to the pronunciation here http://translate.google.com/#en|en|ROMOO-ULDO]

    :))

    ReplyDelete