Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Celebration Time!

I have to share the good news with you that I got today! I am the lucky recipient of a generous gift certificate from Rio Grande Jewelry Supply in Albuquerque, New Mexico! I won this by purchasing a helpful metalsmithing book from www.Ganoskin.com. Just being a member of the Ganoksin site is extremely helpful and the book that I purchased, Cheap Thrills in the Tool Shop by Charles Lewton-Brain, was worth the cost of the entry.

You have to understand, I don't win things! When I go to Las Vegas I take $25, put it in a slot machine, turn away, pull the handle, and go do something fun. If I ever won, I would probably be a relentless, handle-pulling, fully focused gambler. But I don't win. This time I did, and I have been light-hearted and happy all day.

Shortly after I saw the raffle winners' names in an email, Hanuman from Ganoksin called to tell me about the award. He was warm and gracious in delivering the news--another plus to an already positive experience. If you work with jewelry, you must know that to give me a large gift certificate to Rio Grande Jewelry Supplies is like taking a kid to the proverbial candy store.

So now I have to decide what to buy. There are tools I need; I will get a flex shaft right away (Bye-bye dremel, you've been a good friend. It isn't you, it's me!) I want to use my windfall wisely.

What would you buy if price were almost no object? Help me out here!

1 comment:

  1. Congratulations!!Rio Grande has too much to chose from. I would encourage you to get something that you might not otherwise buy. Tools are always a good choice. For me lusting after supplies is endless. The more I buy the more I want to buy, so it is never totally satisfying. A tool is something that you will keep and use and always remember your luck in having won it. If you buy supplies, create something and sell it, there goes your winnings!
    That's my two cents worth. Happy shopping! Annie

    ReplyDelete