Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Like a Deer

I actually got back to soldering and hammering today, thanks to the stool I bought at the consignment shop yesterday. It's an Asian style with a broad seat (no comments please) which is fairly comfortable, at least for the first hour or two. I think I need to make a pad for it but it is a good height, it is sturdy and I did buy it used. I have taken over the work bench in the garage and am quite happy with how accessible my tools are. There is, however, always the elusive item that was used so often I just assumed I would have it handy when I moved. I'm sure that where I packed it made sense at the time.

I worked several hours finishing a gold filled necklace with organic links and then I packaged it and went out for delivery. As I walked out the front door, four adult deer turned to stare at me. I hesitated, not wanting to scare them into the street as there is traffic a block from here. The four stayed together as they bounded to the back of the yard where there is an opening in the fence. This is all new to me. Critters in the front yard and tonight Moose, the golden retriever brought a four legged snack back to his kennel in the family room.

One never knows what tomorrow will bring! Goodnight for now.
M

No comments:

Post a Comment