Sunday, March 21, 2010

Mergers

It's late, so maybe this counts as tomorrow's post--maybe not. I have been very busy for the last four weeks as I changed my living arrangements and it has been exhausting. I have collaborated with my daughter's family to create a living space in their home for myself and my Pug, Diego. (Yes, he was named after the great Diego Rivera and there is some resemblance!) My townhouse went on the market this weekend and we got it ready in record time. The goal is to sell my place and build a small house on the property here to include living quarters and a studio for my metalwork addiction. It is all very exciting, very exhausting. Downsizing is the smart way to go right now and I have always loved this property with its many trees, a creek in the back and lots of room for sniffing and barking--for Diego, not me.

We are all adjusting to the new living arrangements. I am trying to add value to the household and Diego has stepped up his guard dog activities. The picture shows Diego and Moose, the house Golden Retriever who is worth a blog post just about him. The two dogs have never been this close nor this friendly but in the last week they have provided company for each other and entertainment for all of us. You can see how traumatized Diego is by the whole situation! The woman in the picture is my oldest granddaughter, a student at UCLA.



I am very fortunate to have this wonderful family and you will hear more about them as we become better acquainted. For now, good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment